Would you like an opportunity to work with world-class RF talent?
MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company. We are market leaders in developing innovative systems-on-chip (SoC) for mobile device, home entertainment, connectivity and IoT products. Ultimately, we power more than 2 billion devices a year – that’s in 20 percent of homes and nearly 1 of every 3 mobile phones globally. We work with the global brands you love to make our great technology accessible to everyone, and it drives everything we do.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Understand key RF transmitter (TX) requirements imposed by modern wireless communication standards
- Study state-of-the-art TX RF architectures in open technical literature
- Develop and simulate your own TX circuits
- Working with state-of-the-art IC technologies and CAD tools
The duration of the internship will be between 6 and 12 months. We can be flexible about the start date.
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Studying for a Master’s in a related field and will be in your 3rd+ year at university, having taken relevant modules including RF/Analogue Design and Microelectronics
- Confident in understanding RF/analogue integrated circuits
- Great at demonstrating your analytical/debugging skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously
- An innovative thinker with a passion for challenging technical problem solving
- Experience with Verilog, UVM, System Verilog (and their AMS extensions)
- Experience in UVM-based testbench development, functional coverage and constrained random testing
- Knowledge of TCL/Perl
- Familiar with high level programming languages
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in Maidstone, Kent, right next to the main railway station with excellent connections to central London. There is a good choice of accommodation available within the city.
MTK Wireless Ltd
County Gate One
Kent ME14 1ST