Cambridge Design Partnership is a successful innovation partner focused on creating value for our clients by transforming new ideas, design and technology into commercial success.
Embark upon the opportunity of leading and participating in cutting-edge projects for our clients. You will be responsible for developing wearable drug delivery devices to designing diagnostic products to detect life threatening diseases. You will quickly identify your purpose within the company, taking ownership of the delivery and management of projects. Working across CDP’s healthcare sector, you will design the system architectures for these exciting products, making the key trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software and biochemistry solutions.
You shall have a proven track record of leading complex medical device development projects, ideally from concept through to product launch with a life-science application. With your outstanding technical leadership and client management skills, you will be comfortable writing proposals, presenting and most of all being an expert in your field! Your challenge is to solve some of the most intractable of our clients’ problems. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Proven track record technically leading complex, multidisciplinary medical device development projects with a life-science application including management for quality, time and cost.
- Strong technical awareness, able to assess and manage risk across different disciplines
- Thorough understanding of ISO 13485 and 21CFR820; risk management to ISO14971; change management; Design History File compilation; verification and validation; clinical trial support
- Extensive experience overcoming technical challenges, using your creative and technical abilities
- Experienced in concept generation, engineering analysis and detail design, design of experiments, design for high volume manufacture, design for high reliability
- Excellent presentation, communication and client management skills
- Commercially aware of your industry and best practices
- Ambitious and driven to succeed
We are an expanding, relaxed and highly professional technical consultancy developing state of the art new products for our commercial clients. An exciting period of growth, it’s your opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-paced team; no two days are the same; variety is certainly the spice of life here!
WE LOOK AFTER YOU
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive; Competitive salary l Discretionary bonus l 12% non-contributory pension l Private healthcare l 25 days holiday
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places!