We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our team on a contract basis. You will be responsible for testing our latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips to ensure they meet the highest standards.
This contract will fall inside of IR35 legislation and SCSC will require you to work via an umbrella company.
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our team on a contract basis. You will be responsible for testing our latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips to ensure they meet the highest standards. We test at a system level, normally using Android platforms to exercise the firmware, drivers and host code written by our developers.
Your role will involves testing, test development, test automation, debugging of software and customer support; as a result we seek an engineer with good scripting ability (preferably Python, Xml, Scpi), test development, automation and testing experience.
You will need to be passionate about improving software quality, able to produce robust test automation frameworks, communicate effectively with developers and work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
The initial term for this contract will be six months.
- Develop, test and maintain software test scripts
- Develop new test frameworks, harnesses and environments using 3rd party equipment
- Maintain and support software test equipment and systems
- Execute tests and provide timely analysis and feedback on test results
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Required Skills :
- Attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Prior experience of developing automated tests/frameworks using Python.
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Confident written and verbal communicator including client facing roles
- Understanding of how to rigorously test software using various techniques
- Experience of software development, use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jenkins and JIRA
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Experience of network protocols in general
- Knowledge of Android and Linux kernel
- Experience of testing embedded systems, in networking or communications fields
- Competent using laboratory equipment such as spectrum analysers, power meters, signal emulators etc
- Ability to work to tight timescales within a dynamic environment
St Johns House, Cowley Road