With the traditional letter-of-support method into academic-industrial partnerships proving to be less than efficient, many other approaches to building and maintaining these pairings have emerged over the last decade to secure their success. So what works, what doesn’t and how can it be improved?
Join this insightful half-day event set in esteemed Cambridge surroundings to discuss how these approaches have evolved and what this means for future partnerships. As well as the day’s hot topics, there will be ample networking opportunities and lunch shall be provided from 1pm. We look forward to a lively discussion!
- Prof. Andy Hopper, Professor of Computer Technology and Head of Department, Computer Lab - University of Cambridge
- Julian Peck, Technology Associate, Cambridge Enterprise
- Matthew Ball, Head of Business Relationships, EPSRC
- Maurizio Pilu, Director, Connected Digital Economy Catapult
- Dr. Tapani Ryhänen, Head of Laboratory, Nokia Research Centre
With additional panellist:
- Daping Chu, Chairman of Centre of Advanced Photonics and Electronics (CAPE)
- Tim O'Farrell, Chair in Wireless Communication - Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering of The University of Sheffield
The Academic and Industry SIG is championed by Marc Bailey of Nokia Research Centre, Alex Butler from Microsoft Research, Claudio Marinelli of Applied Graphene Materials, David Roberts of Ogma Solutions, and Dr Ian Wassell of the University of Cambridge. We are also extremely grateful to ICT KTN for supporting this event.
Please note that delegates attending this event are welcomed to join the Founder Dinner pre-dinner drinks reception, taking place on site at Newnham College, Cambridge, courtesy of ICT KTN.
Join us for this FREE joint event organised by Cambridge Wireless and ICT KTN. To be able to attend this event for free you'll automatically be registered as an ICT KTN member. Please note membership of ICT KTN is free. To join Cambridge Wireless as a member and attend future events for free, please visit: www.cambridgewireless.co.uk/sign-up