Would you like an opportunity to work with world-class RF talent?
We have excellent opportunities for a talented student who is interested to learn more about design verification.
As our successful placement student, you will be working as part of our highly experienced RF design team, which has an outstanding track record of delivering innovative RF products.
As our successful Synthesizer modelling Intern, your day to day duties will include:
- Work on advanced modelling of Synthesizer in verilog which includes capabilities to plot Phase noise, phase trajectory and other performance metrics.
- Study and understand the theory of PLL systems.
- Work out theory and mathematics for modelling of PLL sub-blocks.
- Understand the already existing Matlab Model of the synthesizer.
- Studying for a Master’s in a related field and will be in your 3rd+ year at university, having taken relevant modules including:
o Digital Design
o Analogue Design
Essential Technical Skills
- Confident in understanding Analogue and Digital Integrated Circuits
- Clear in your understanding of behavioural modelling concepts for analogue/digital circuits and systems
- Good Understanding of control systems
- Great at demonstrating your analytical/debugging skills
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience with Verilog, UVM, System Verilog (and their AMS extensions)
- Experience in UVM-based testbench development, functional coverage and constrained random testing
- Knowledge of TCL/Perl
- Familiarity of high level programming language
- A strong team player
- Self-motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communicating both in written form and verbally
- An innovative thinker with a passion and critical thinking mind for challenging technical problem solving
The placement will begin in 2020 or 2021 and we can be flexible about the start date. The length of the internship will need to be between 6-12 months long.
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in Maidstone, Kent, with a RF team based in Cambourne.
Our Cambourne, Cambridgeshire office, based 9 miles outside Cambridge city centre (with frequent direct bus services). Cambridge is also conveniently located within one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar.
Our Maidstone office is conveniently located within one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar.
Should the offices be closed for reasons relating to COVID-19, we will arrange for you to work remotely from home.
MediaTek and You
MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We enable more than 1.5 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number two globally in mobile phones.
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting internship please apply by email with the title ‘5G RF Synthesizer System Modelling Internship (Kent/Cambridge)’, including a CV, your contact details and a brief email describing why you feel you are suited to the role.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com
MediaTek Wireless Limited (Cambourne)
Building 2010, Cambourne Business Park