The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem. Our mission is to further the strategic, commercial, technological, developing world and advocacy interests of our members. The GSMA produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
Department: Customer Care
GSMA Entity: GSMA Ltd.
Location: London, UK
Position type: Contractor until March 2020
Reporting to: Senior IT Project Manager
Every day we work to harness the power of mobile to achieve our industry purpose – Connecting Everyone and Everything to a Better Future – through four main activities:
- We provide strategic direction and thought leadership to our members
- We drive collaborative industry programmes aimed at maintaining operator relevance in the digital world
- We advocate for the industry to regulators, policymakers and society as a whole
- We convene the broad mobile communications ecosystem and adjacent industry sectors at our industry-leading events
About the Team
The GSMA Customer Care team comprises of three departments who are responsible for delivering Event Technology, Customer Care support and Registration Services for all Mobile World Congress, 4YFN and m360 Events.
The Event Technology department comprises of a globally dispersed team who provide innovative and bespoke technology solutions in conjunction with our 3rd party vendors in order to support the event - with a particular focus on the registration and access to our events.
About the Role
This role will be part of a dedicated team of experienced professionals within the Event Technology team comprising of IT Project Managers and Business Analysts. You will work in close cooperation with 3rd Party developers and internal departments within the GSMA to design and deploy GSMA’s event registration platform at our flagship event – Mobile World Congress Barcelona.
Essential to the role will be the ability to engage with the teams, creating and owning stakeholder relationships and to maintain and develop the requirements engagement process. Where necessary, you’ll identify improvement areas, with the aim of enhancing any business processes to assist in driving forward fit for purpose technology solutions.
- Manage project milestones, deliverables and co-ordinate with internal teams to ensure we keep on track
- Stakeholder management, building and owning working relationships in order to fully support project teams during analysis and planning stages
- Creates Business Requirement Documents and translate these into functional specifications. Design process map, workflows, use cases and creation of Data Flow Diagrams
- Coordinate and schedule project meetings with internal / external stakeholders and vendors, diverse stakeholder management
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation (includes XML feeds/API feeds)
- Participates in Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing
- Working with internal compliance team towards achieving compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, InfoSec
- Researching possible software solutions to increase work efficiency
- Experienced IT PM / BA
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation
- Proven experience in Excel (Advanced), data flow / modelling tools such (LucidChart, Visio etc), PM tools (MS Project, Smartsheet, Asana, Confluence (Jira) etc).
- Awareness of ISO27001, OWASP 10 and Systems Security as well as an understanding of GDPR and InfoSec principles
- International experience, having worked on large scale projects within a corporate, association and/or agency environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, upholding excellent attention to detail with a Self-starter’ attitude to work, able to take initiative, problem solve and work autonomously to drive projects forward
- Event Industry experience is preferable
What We Offer
Working at the GSMA offers you unparalleled access to the mobile industry. We offer a chance to truly shape the direction of mobile, whatever your role. By joining the GSMA, you will be exposed to a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment, working on global solutions, genuinely fascinating and industry-changing projects and a stimulating and dynamic environment designed to enable you to flourish.
In addition to architect-designed offices and competitive compensation, our benefits include fantastic learning & development opportunities, generous holiday allowances, four additional days off for professional development and many others.
We offer a working environment that reflects our organisational values. We also hire in line with our values and recruit candidates who demonstrate a strong affinity with these 7 principles:
- DREAM BIG - Demonstrate vision and insight to lead the industry forward
- BE BOLD - Have the courage to take risks and make tough decisions
- OWN IT - Take full accountability for your decisions and actions
- WORK AS A TEAM - Collaborate to deliver impactful results
- DO THE RIGHT THING - Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity at all times
- SHOW RESPECT - Treat others as you would expect to be treated
- LOVE WHAT YOU DO - Bring passion and pride to your work
To learn more about the GSMA, visit our careers site, our LinkedIn page and our Twitter page.
Being You at the GSMA
We are one of the most diverse companies you will ever come across, we care deeply about equality and inclusivity and aspire to be the best at it. Your well-being and work/life balance is important so if you prefer to work flexi-time or a day from home, just ask. We’re keen to ensure everyone is equal, represented and connected so we particularly encourage applications from all demographics. The success of the GSMA year on year will continue to be contributed by people from all walks of life.