This timely event will discuss IoT and ask whether the concept is simply M2M on a gigantic scale with a vast number of devices feeding massive data repositories, or might it look like billions of tiny things inhabiting an abstracted world that simply gets on with their own interactions? What can IoT learn from the world of M2M? Is it just M2M with a consumer focus or is a paradigm shift required? How will this prediction be achieved, how will the future of technology and lives of consumers change?
Speakers confirmed for this event include:
- Paul Copping, Corporate Development Director, TRL
- David Dunn, Software Engineer, Electric Imp
- Dr Justin Hill, Co-Head of the Patent Prosecution Group, Olswang
- Purvi Parekh, Co-Head of International Telecoms, Olswang
- Pilgrim Beart, Founder Director, 1248
- Dr Jon Lewis, Chief Innovation Officer, Plextek Consulting
- Georg Steimel, Head of M2M Solutions, Huawei
- Fredrik Sjostedt, VP - Corporate Marketing, Barco
- John Hicklin, Principal Consultant | Commercial Enterprise Markets, CGI
- Antony Rix, Senior Consultant, TTP Group
To follow this SIG on Twitter, @CambWireless, please use #CWDC
The last event was oversubscribed, so register early to secure your place!
This event is FREE to members of Cambridge Wireless. Tickets for non-members are £155 plus VAT. To join Cambridge Wireless as a member and attend future events for free, please visit: www.cambridgewireless.co.uk/sign-up
Limited FREE places for non-members: We are keen to engage with, and foster the next generation of technologists so we have limited FREE delegate places at our events for non-members who are under 30. If you would like to register for one of these places, please register as a non-member and under job title please list your date of birth. We will then confirm if you have received a place within one week of the event.
Is kindly hosted by Microsoft Research:
Lunch sponsored by Arkessa: